- Creation of protected highway telecommunication networks
«digitalization» of human activity:
- Total personification
- Development of biometrics access systems
- Introduction of unmanned vehicles and Internet of Things
On the other side there is growth of:
- amount of cyberсrimes
- crimes related to personal data
- attacks on critical infrastructures
- REQUIREMENTS FOR SAFETY OF STORAGE AND DATA PROCESSING SYSTEMS INFRASTRUCTURES ARE GROWING, THE APPLICATION OF NEW SOLUTIONS FOR MANAGEMENT OF SECURE STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF DATA IS REQUIRED;
- The development of the Internet of Things, the 5G standard and the emergence of unmanned vehicles will inevitably lead to an increase of traffic in the operators’ networks substantially; therefore, it is necessary to create a core network throughout the country which in the future can be easily scaled with minimal costs.
- Creation of road telecommunication networks
- Creation of a system for managing geographically distributed data centers
- Quantum cryptography for protecting communication lines
- The project includes three stages: laying of the fiber-optic communication lines along the roads, developing of a software and hardware complex for protecting communication lines by encryption using quantum key distribution technology and unification of the data centers using this technology in a single, geographically distributed infrastructure
Created of road telecommunication networks Creation of a system for managing geographically distributed data centers Quantum cryptography for protecting communication lines
“SMARTS” JSC Project “Creation of highway telecommunication networks” was approved by the Supervisory Board of the "Agency for strategic initiatives" headed by the President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin and the relevant ministries in April 2014.
Construction is carried out on the sideways of public roads. Installation of Traffic multi-channel communication line using a “Vermeer” trenching machine Installing of modular plastic manholes every ~1km of the road and in the places of the road junction. The fiber optic microcables with a capacity of 8-288 fibers are installed into the formed channels.
The construction technology of SMARTS for earth shoulders is tested on local regional roads of Samara region, the built infrastructure as of 1.10.18 is ~ 800 km long. Using SMARTS technology the cable line-based Automated traffic control system (LKS ASUDD) was constructed for The Russian Highways State Company “Avtodor” in hard shoulder of toll federal road М3 in Kaluga region. The construction was done in July 2018, about 70 km was built. Construction on the federal road M-5 in Samara region was started in 2018 ~ 140 km.